37. I had this idea for a painting, and occasionally while shovelling snow I'd dig up some leaves
which I'd bring into the studio and make studies, attempting to work out in my mind what the final painting should look like....................
38. In late March, early April, of 1999, despite a late spring and ice still on the lakes in Algonquin I began to make a collection of sketches of Algonquin Provincial Park.
39. Smoke Creek Watercolour Sketch April 1999
40. Canoe Lake, Watercolour Sketch April 1999
41. Smoke Lake Watercolour Sketch April 1999
42. I love to paint Birch trees simply because it's impossible to paint a bad birch tree.
44. Winters can be long in this country so in April, despite the fact that there was still ice on the lakes I went back up to Algonquin to continue my sketching.
45. Beaver Pond Trail, Algonquin Pen and Ink Sketch April 2000
Almost finished scanning Basic Black: 41/4 X 6.............